The What Now? Workshop:
School is starting… Children are leaving home… The leaves are changing colors… The days are getting shorter…
The Jewish tradition says that this is the time to be asking this question. And it provides a process to help you to answer the questions:
- What do I want my life to be in a year?
- What do I want my world to be in a year’s time?
- How do I get from here to where I want to be?
Starting the Week of September 1, Shmuel Shalom Cohen will be leading a series of 6 workshops that work with the time leading up to the High Holy days, and the High Holy days themselves to not only help you answer these questions, but also plant the seeds of becoming that person and living in that world.
- what being Jewish is
- What Jewish practice and ritual are
- What terms like davvening, kiddish, mikvah, talmud, yiddishkeit, etc. mean
- what are the holy days, what is shabbat, and how do you do them
When you complete this series of 11 classes (and a shabbat meal for $10 more if you learn with me), you will:
- have a general knowledge of what Judaism is and is not
- what its practices and holy days are
- what its sacred objects are
- a comfort in being able to do some of the rituals, and in knowing the common terms of the tradition
- and much more
All this in a series of 11 hour-long classes which can be taken in person or online. The cost is only $547. To sign up, call 541-514-2571 or click on the button below.
Biblical Hebrew: Tutoring by Shmuel Shalom (Geoffrey) Cohen at your convenience. The only way to truly understand the bible is to read it in its original language. Cost $50/hour or $400 if you sign up for 10 classes (a savings of $100). To sign up, call 541-514-2571 or click on the button below.
This class can be taught in person or online.